Tanybwlch Mansion, Aberystwyth, 2013

Plas Tanybwlch is a part Georgian, part Victorian grade 2 listed mansion original built in around 1820 by a retired general form the Napoleonic wars. The Victorian section of the building was added in 1880 by the grandson of the general.
The current owner has completely renovated the building and converted it into flats.

Our contribution to this process was to renovate the 86 box sash windows, the internal shutters and supply and fit new external doors and entrance façade.

As part of the listing, the single glazing of the Geaorgian windows had to be retained but for the Victorian windows we were able to make new sashes incorporating double glazed units. Some of the windows were beyond repair and had to be replaced with new. We also had to build several sets of new shutters as some had been removed when the mansion was used as hospital during the second world war.


Next project >>>

FENSA registered
Company Reg. no.: 6375565    Reg Office: 1 Ty Mawr, Eglwys Fach, Machynlleth, Ceredigion SY20 8SX
Tel: 01654 781234 Mobile: 07723029818 info@westwalesrestoration.co.uk

Website development and hosting by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf.

Administration